3.25.2012

Happy 7th Birthday, Abby and Sarah!

My little girls turn 7 years old today and aren't so little anymore.  I recently realized that we are more than halfway to the teenage years with them already.  How did that happen?  I wish that I could slow down time and have them stay little, but at the rate they are maturing now there is definitely no turning back.

Abby and Sarah have both grown tremendously in so many ways over the past year.  They both love every minute of school.  Although they both do well in all areas, Abby has become our math whiz and Sarah is our superstar reader.  They love to do art projects and have developed a love of history and culture.  They recently asked if we could go to China this summer for vacation.  Maybe my dream of traveling to far off places with all three girls during summer vacations will come true some day.  :) 

Sarah and Abby have both blossomed into polite, caring, responsible young ladies.  They get along quite well with each other and are both wonderful at including Katie and watching out for their little sister.  They have made many new friends at school this year despite still being on the shy side.  Both of them have perfectionist tendencies (wonder who they got that from??) and can get very frustrated and upset if something isn't going quite right.

Abby and Sarah are still full of energy and are always busy.  They are now in the second year of their music program and are learning to play the piano.  They enjoy their ballet class as well and would like to continue with it next year.

As I write this blog entry, I realize that nearly everything I am writing applies to both girls.  I keep trying to find ways in which they are different, but it is difficult because they really are so similar.  There are little things like Abby prefers jeans while Sarah prefers knit pants, at home Sarah talks more than Abby does, in public Abby talks more than Sarah does,and Sarah is typically the one to give in to make everyone happy, but for the most part they are so alike.

We love you both very much and are so blessed to be your parents.  We hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

Sarah and Abby

No comments: