7.14.2010

Kindergarten Excitement

Abby and Sarah are getting very excited for Kindergarten to start next month. Before I forget all of the things they have been saying, I thought I'd write some of them down here.
  • When I told the girls that we decided to have them attend full-day Kindergarten instead of half-day, Abby's response was, "Yay! Now I can get a lunch box." Sarah's response was, "But I'll miss Katie."
  • A lot of their recent conversation has been centered around lunch - what they want to eat for lunch, how they will pack their food, how they will carry their lunch boxes, etc.
  • Will there be tables or desks in the classroom?
  • Will the playground have swings?
  • What will we do when it snows? Will we get to play on the playground that day, or will we have to stay inside?
  • How will it work if we ride the bus sometimes?
  • What if we are late to school?
  • What if we miss a few days of school for a trip?
  • Sarah's response to the previous question: "Maybe we could tell the teacher before we leave that we are going to be gone for a few days and she could give us the work to do while we are gone." What a great student! :)
  • And one of my favorites: What is homework?

No comments: