12.07.2008

Decorating for Christmas

It has been a rather busy week for me with the Christmas season in full gear on top of our already hectic daily schedule. Sarah and Abby were very eager to decorate the house for Christmas, and Katie was right on their heels, excited to do whatever it was they were doing. I couldn't keep up with them. Here's how the week went.

We started by hanging stockings on Monday and putting up the tree later that night after the kids were asleep.


Sarah and Abby insisted on finding any ornament to hang on the tree the next morning.


Katie was all smiles and said, "Christmas tree," when Sarah showed her the tree.


The tree and stockings weren't enough to satisfy the kids, so Abby and Sarah got creative.


Sarah and Abby did a little "decorating" for Christmas on their own. They used scarves as garland and neatly placed them all over the living room, along with anything else they could find that was shiny, soft, or colorful.


Sarah and Abby then made "Santa" out of scarves, necklaces, and a bag for a beard.


At this point, I decided I had to find a way to get all of the REAL Christmas decorations out. So, the kids followed me upstairs and proceeded to take the decorations from me one at a time as I removed them from storage. They disappeard for a minute and quickly returned, anxious to see the next decoration they could take to various spots in the house. Here are some of the results.


Sarah's Christmas decorating (not where I would have chosen to put it, but it works...)


Abby and Katie's Christmas decorating


Wednesday night we decorated the tree. Well, we partially decorated the tree that is. Even with the step ladder the kids could only reach up so high. They all had fun and have enjoyed rearranging the ornaments the past few days.


Katie


Sarah and Katie


Abby, Katie, and Sarah

Kyle and I finally redecorated the tree late tonight, hanging all of the glass ornaments and moving other ornaments around and up on the tree. I'm sure it will all be rearranged for us tomorrow morning. :)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

So cute! That's neat how much they are getting into the decorating.

Jenni said...

How cute, your girls are very creative! I love the Christmas decor in the bathroom :)