2.22.2016

Happy 9th Birtdhay, Katie!!

Happy Birthday, Katie!  I can't believe that this is your last year in the single digits.  You are definitely growing up way too fast, but fortunately you still have a few "kiddie" habits that I can cling to.  I love how you still have a few favorite clothes that you insist on wearing ALL of the time even though it means I have to do laundry more often.  These days, it is this pink striped shirt and your "Dance" shirt.  Back when you were 2 years old it was black pants and a certain pair of striped pants.  (See posts here, here, here, and here!)  I love how you sing in the shower and dance in the mirror without a care in the world.  I love how you snuggle with me in the evenings when we watch TV, and I love how you still hold my hand.  I especially love how you wave enthusiastically and blow me a kiss goodbye each day as the school bus drives away.  Melts my heart.  I'm really going to miss that moment each day next year when you don't ride the bus anymore.  I guess we will have to find a new way to say goodbye when I drop you off at school.  Unfortunately, you still have those not-so-great "kiddie" moments and tantrums as well.  I suppose I can handle that if it means you are still my little baby.  Happy Birthday, Pie!

No comments: