8.23.2010

First Day of Kindergarten

My little girls started Kindergarten today, something they have been waiting with anticipation for. They were both eager to head out the door this morning and had absolutely no problem leaving me. Surprisingly, they weren't tired when they came home this afternoon, although I have the feeling the full-day schedule will catch up with them by the end of the week. I heard all about their day (several times, in fact), and they are excited to return tomorrow.

As for me, I'm still sad to see my babies hit this milestone. It's not that I'm worried about them, because I know that they will thrive at school. Sure, I'll miss them during the day but that isn't it entirely either. I think that for me the hardest part of having Abby and Sarah start school is accepting the fact that they are indeed growing up, becoming more independent, and don't need me quite like they used to. At least I still have Katie at home most of the time for a couple more years. :)


Abby


It's impossible to get a decent shot of Sarah these days!





Katie played photographer for this one. (I had to do a little editing in Photoshop to straighten it out a bit though.)


Yes, Sarah and Abby are in the same classroom.



Abby's video was quite lengthy. ( I had to cut her off after over 4 minutes.) Here's just a small portion of it.

No comments: