It has been a long week for me, so, when Kyle came home from work tonight and I had no clue what we were going to eat for dinner, I suggested that we just go out to eat (something we rarely do). During dinner, we had to keep reminding the girls to talk more quietly, sit down, and stop peeking at the other diners in the booths next to us. When we were done eating, our waitress informed us that those same people in the booth next to us who had no doubt heard and saw our kids throughout their entire meal had picked up our bill as a "random act of kindness." We were shocked to say the least. We did our best to use it as a teaching moment for the kids and tried to explain what an incredibly nice thing this was for someone to do for us. It made me think that although I do special things for the people I know, we should really try to do more random acts of kindness for strangers as well. It would be a great thing to teach the kids at such a young age. So, to the "older party of four" (as the waitress put it, I honestly never got a good look at them) at Strombolli's tonight who paid our tab, THANK YOU! Your random act of kindness will be passed along.
4 comments:
Wow, how wonderful! What an awesome reminder that good people do still exist. Also makes me want to be a better person. I can imagine that those people looked at your beautiful family and just couldn't resist!
What a wonderful experience! And, as you pointed out, a great teaching moment!
That's amazing! What an awesome blessing for your family. Remind me to go to Strombolli's sometime soon ;-).
Wow, amazing story!
Post a Comment